Monday, June 20, 2016

Avamar Plugin for vCloud Director

Hi Guys, this is my first blog ad I am here to discuss Stuffs which are related to cloud. I will not go very Horizontal with the term "CLOUD",but i wish people or juniors who just made an entry to the world of cloud will find it helpful.
We can discuss any topic related to Storage and Backup and hopefully i will be able to answer them as precise and concise as you want them :)
Vmware and windows administration will also go hand in hand but i want my blog to get sweet by the Term "Storage and Backups"

Recently I went through the integration of Avamar Plugin with vCD which was painful for me as the EMC document doesn't provide enough details which was a complete chaos to me. later i find myself in a Do or Die situation. 

What is Avamar Plugin all about??

A avamar plugin is a plugin which lets you to take a backup of vApp. vApp once created on vCloud Director, you can schedule the backup of the vApp from the VCP UI server (Just an Interface). 
There are several requirement that needs to be fulfilled before deploying this plugin like ports ,network etc etc.

You can download the Pdf from the Tinyurl 
http://tinyurl.com/hu7jwz8

Let me know if you face any difficulty while deploying.Happy to help :)






3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am trying to configure backup Avamar 7.3.0 with VCD 8.2, I am facing issue in backup configuration due to no clear instructions mentioned in EMC documentation.

    Can you please help me or share the procedure to configure VCD backup with Avamar.

    I have deployed data protection extension OVA. As per guide after deployment of OVA template follow below step

    a. Open a web browser, and navigate to the following URL:
    https://UI_server/vcp-ui-server/vcp-ui/
    where UI_server is the IP address or FQDN of the UI server.

    I am unable to understand term UI_server

    In place of UI_server i putted data protection extension IP but not able to access URL, I tried with FQDN as well.

    Can you help ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Gree. have you installed RabbitMQ server?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Install UI server too please. Make sure you read the document that i have provided carefully. Its a exhaustive task to deploy a Avamar plugin for Vcloud director.

    ReplyDelete